Monday, September 29, 2008

Quick Project

Here's a quick little project I did over the weekend. I found the idea on someone's blog to use a candle ring as a mini wreath. I can't figure out now where I saw it, but once I do I'll give credit where credit is due.

I hung my little autumn candle ring up on the side of our cupboards for a little decor but it blended in too much. So, I painted an 8x10 picture frame black and cut a piece of scrapbook paper to fit inside. I then "hung" my wreath on my picture frame by putting the ribbon in the frame, then putting the glass back in.
I just love this paper.
So there it is. A quick, cheap little project to "pretty up" the side of my cupboard.
Hope everyone had a great start to their week. I spent my morning reassuring many of my coworkers that I am not pregnant. I was horribly nauseous all morning, then had a huge headache the rest of the day. Yuck.

7 comments:

Ruby Red Slippers said...

VERY NICE! I might be able to manage doing this one...

Darlene said...

What a CUTE project...I might have to try that one!!! Love it!!

Blogger said...

That's really pretty! It took me a minute to figure out what you did, well 2 minutes, lol...how neat!!! My cupboards are the same tone as yours, you've got me thinking...

I am glad you joined YouData! I love it, too, it's so easy to do, love that!

Bella :)

Kristen said...

Oh no! I hope you get to feeling better. As for the decor project, it is beautiful. The paper is just gorgeous. I want some! Great idea...I may be borrowing it. Okay?

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Super Cute Fall Project!!! :) ~Rhonda

Sissy said...

I do love that paper. Scrapbook paper is one of the best things that has come along. They make the prettiest paper and they can be used for so many things. I don't scrapbook that much, but I buy tons of paper. So Cute.

Frizzy said...

Hmmm! Another one I'll have to try and it'll give me the perfect place to use your pretty tags. I have been trying to find a place of honor to show them off. Now I've got it. I'll take a picture once I've completed the project.