Wednesday, July 29, 2009
I had to look it up to see how others say it and came across a forum where others were asking the same question. There were quite a few variations on the forum. I finally came acroos the answer and according to Etsy itself, Etsy rhymes with the girls name Betsy.
Anyway, how do you say Etsy?
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
The short version of our trip:
I got some fun fabric at JoAnn's, Hobby Lobby, and a local fabric store.
Monday, July 27, 2009
I figured the best way to get out of the dumps is to remind myself of the things that make me happy. It's also a good way to check off another goal on my 101 list. # 6 - Make a list of 50 things that make me happy.
So here it is....
4. Buying/making gifts
6. Finding something really good at a really good price
7. Clean sheets
8. Finding items that remind me of my childhood
9. The feeling that Christmas time brings
10. Looking at old family pictures
11. Watching Christmas movies
12. Picking pumpkins
13. Autumn scents
14. Hobby Lobby (especially when the autumn items are out)
15. A new purse
16. A clean kitchen
17. Hearing a song that reminds me of high school
18. Hearing an owl “who”
19. The first snow fall of the season
20. Stepping on crunchy leaves in the fall
21. Driving around to look at Christmas lights
22. Spending time with my brother
23. Sleeping with the windows open on those first crisp fall nights
26. Pretty paper
27. A clutter free table (mine, I don’t care if yours is :o) )
28. Decorating for holidays
30. Having all the laundry done and put away
31. Getting real (good/fun) mail
32. School vacations!
33. Going through antique stores
34. The smell of coffee
36. New, cushy socks
37. Roads that have a tree canopy over the road
38. Easter candy (it just tastes better ;o) )
40. Driving around to look at pretty houses
41. Comments left on my blog
42. Shopping on Black Friday with my mom
43. Reconnecting with an old friend
44. Hobo Days!
45. Making lots of Christmas goodies
46. Old, simple houses that have been long abandoned
47. Quotes. Funny quotes. Meaningful quotes. Girly quotes. Family quotes. Life quotes. Friendship quotes.
48. When things start to come alive after a long winter
49. My in-laws. I got really lucky.
50. Not feeling an ounce of worry, doubt or stress. Doesn’t happen often but when it does it’s so good.
Friday, July 24, 2009
I got it for $1! I was so excited! The set includes the hardcover book, the CD, tap, and the bell.
Friday, July 17, 2009
I learned quite a lot during my visit. Like.....
how to make dishwasher detergent with these ingredients,
fabric softener using these items
and laundry detergent with these items.
Price break down -
about $1.86 for 30-40 (?) loads worth of dishwasher detergent
about $1.40 for about 65 loads worth of fabric softener
around $1.20 for 5 gallons of laundry detergent
I felt like such a domestic diva as I was mixing up all these money saving cleaner recipes. :o)
You need to check out Carrie's blog if you want to start saving money on cleaning products. It's also nice to know exactly what is going into all my cleaners now. Everything was so simple to make and it was quick too. And how else are you going to get 5 GALLONS of laundry detergent for under 2 dollars?
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Anyway, both times I shot up and hauled butt into the living room before I realized that they were just dreams. I still patted down my side of the bed before getting back in though.
Ok. That's all. Just thought you should know.
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Monday, July 6, 2009
Sunday, July 5, 2009
1) Go to your photo files…Select the 6th photo folder
2) Select the 6th photo in that folder
3) Post that photo along with the story behind it.
4) Then challenge 5 blog friends to do the same!
Ok, I haven't been on this computer very long so I don't have a whole lot of pictures saved on it yet. Let me go have a look.
Ok, this is a picture of my baby brother. Yeah, he's 26 years old but he's still my baby brother. He's usually not this dirty either. Well, ok maybe he is. He likes to "play" on 4 wheelers, work on trucks, and works as a geothermal heating/cooling installer type person (um, I dunno what ya'd really call it). But he cleans up nice :o).
Anyway, I took this picture last weekend while we were cleaning/packing/moving things from my grandma's house. I was trying to take his picture without being noticed but he happened to look over as I snapped it. Good thing I was quick or there might have been an obscene gesture in the pic. He was chatting with my mom (not that that would have stopped him) and was mid-word when I took the picture.
Yeah, I'm only doing 4. It's Sunday and I'm being lazy. :o)