Tuesday, August 19, 2008
I Don't Wanna
This is how I felt today after I got off the phone with my boss. She called to tell me she had reassigned me to a different elementary school here in town. I was in the social skills room last year, but she said there won't be enough kids in there this year to require two TAs. So, five days before inservice starts I find out that not only will I be switching classrooms, I have to go to a whole different school. I was upset, and I had a small emotional breakdown. I don't wanna go to a different school. I like my school, I like my kids. I just started my job with the school district last year, and now it's like I have to start a new job all over again. So, I decided to write this in hopes of making things seem better (though I know they aren't all that bad). I'm working to see the positives and this is what I have come up with:
1. The new school is closer to my apartment, so I can sleep in 5 minutes longer (every minute counts in the morning ya know).
2. At least I will be going to another elementary school and not to the high school. High school kids scare me.
3. I will be working in a resource room, so maybe it will be a little calmer than the other room.
4. I will get to meet new people. That's always a positive right?
5. I should just be happy that I have a job because there are a lot of people out there right now looking for work who aren't finding any.
Ok, that's all I can think of right now. I'm sure tomorrow or Thursday this won't seem so bad, but right now it sucks. I'm going to miss my kids :o(