Sunday, August 3, 2014

week 32

Baby’s size
Your baby is the size of a Napa cabbage. Because her taste buds are developed, she may acquire a preference for the foods you eat, which she samples when she swallows amniotic fluid.
Baby's Length: 16.69 in.
Baby's Weight: 3.75 lbs.
**from parents.com

How I am feeling
Earlier this week, baby liked to hang out really high and kick so that made the top of my belly really sore for a couple days.  My mom and I went shopping on Friday and that will definitely be my last shopping trip until after he arrives.  I was so sore from walking around so much.  I've had some round ligament pain in previous weeks but nothing like this.  At the end of our day, I had a hard time taking the first few steps when I'd get out of the car.  Oh, and getting up to go to the bathroom that night was not fun.  It was hard just to get up from bed and then I had to do an old lady shuffle to the bathroom because of the pain in the right side of my pelvis.  It was still pretty sore Saturday until Dave rubbed my feet with a golf ball.  That seemed to be the magic cure because as soon as he was done I could walk without any pain.  But, really, other than those two things I'm still feeling pretty good.  Sleep could be better but I don't see that improving for a long time.

What do I miss
being able to turn over in bed easily, it's starting to feel like a workout just to get turned over....

Gender
Boy :o)

Food cravings/aversions
Nothing really new here.  I did mention last week that I had more of a sweet tooth.  I don't think I've written it on here but pretty much since I've gotten pregnant, sweets are not all that appealing.  After I eat something sweet, it leaves a bad taste and film in my mouth.  It was worst in the first trimester but it's still hanging on.  So, even though I had a sweet tooth, it still wasn't all that tempting.


Highlights this week
 *Going through and sorting all of the baby shower gifts.  I got all the clothes sorted and ready to wash.  Everything else is in the nursery waiting for a permanent home.
*Spending the day with my mom on Friday.  We didn't get much bought but it's always good to spend time with her.

No comments: