Monday, July 28, 2014

week 31

Baby’s size

Your baby is about as long as a bunch of leeks, and she will now gain as much as a half pound per week until she's born.
Baby's Length: 16.18 in.
Baby's Weight: 3.31 lbs.
**from parents.com

How I am feeling
Overall, I'm still feeling pretty good.  Sleep is probably my biggest issue right now.  Most nights it takes forever to fall asleep when I go to bed and then again when I get up to pee in the middle of the night.  I'm basically just not comfortable for very long at a time while I'm sleeping either.  I wake up every hour with hip pain so I turn over to the other side.  Our fitted sheet is never on all four corners when we wake up anymore from all my tossing and turning.

Baby is still going through this phase of not moving much hour after hour.  It makes me worry so much when I'm on hour 4.....5......6 of no movement.  I was about to call my doctor today when I decided to drink some orange juice to see if that'd get him moving.  Luckily it did so I didn't have to worry so much.  I told my mom I hope that just means that he's a calm baby. :o)

What do I miss
Sleeping on my stomach 

Gender
Boy :o)

Food cravings/aversions
I've had more of a sweet tooth the last week or so than I've had all my pregnancy.  


Highlights this week 
*I felt and recognized baby's hiccups for the first time this week.  I know I've felt it before but guess I never realized what it was before this week.
*My sister-in-law and niece hosted an amazing baby shower for us yesterday.  We received so many wonderful gifts.  Baby is very well loved already. :o)  I held it together during the shower but I laid in bed last night and cried....it was a little emotionally overwhelming (in a good way).

1 comment:

Nicolle said...

That makes me cry that you laid in bed and cried, but I know they were happy tears. It's all so overwhelming and crazy and emotional...all so hard to wrap your head around. Yes, that baby boy is well loved already! xo