Monday, August 8, 2011

Miscellany Monday


Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters


- I had an AWESOME weekend.  I rode home with my brother Friday afternoon and spent the whole weekend at my mom's.  I got in a lot of family time and friend time, which makes me a happy girl.  Some things I did while home:
  -- spent some quality time with my brother.  I laughed a lot and learned some things about him that I maybe didn't need to know ;o)
  -- went shopping with my mom
  -- went out for supper with my mom and dad Friday night
  -- had Sunday lunch and supper with my family
  -- visited my Grandma H. and listened to her interesting stories she had to tell that day (she has Alzheimer's)
  -- spent time with my friends Tasha and Trisha


-I took my camera home with me so I could get pictures while I was there.  It sat in the camera bag the whole weekend so I have zero pictures from the weekend.

- My flowers were looking pretty sad today since they hadn't been watered for three days (forgot to ask Dave to do that for me while I was gone).  So, I spent a good half hour watering them only to have it rain an hour later.

- Halloween candy is on the shelves :o)

- I ordered some shoes last week.  They arrived today and they are too tight :o(.  I have the hardest time finding shoes that fit right.

- That's about it.  Nothing too exciting around here.  I'm just enjoying the last couple weeks of summer break :o)



PS - I found out about Misc. Monday over at This Southern Girl's Nest and thought I'd start joining in too :o)

3 comments:

Nicolle said...

All the holiday stuff is out and it's just crazy. I have to remind myself that it's already August!

I usually do remind Kevin to water my plants if I am gone, but he forgets.

Sounds like a really fun weekend!

Joanna said...

I love Misc Mondays! I can throw in a bunch of well miscellaneous things and it just all sorta flows that day of the week. ;-)

Sounds like you had a lot of fun back home. I can recall some interesting stories my mother used to tell. She had dementia at the end before she passed away and she would talk about things she remembered back from her childhood, but sometimes they would get mixed with my childhood, etc.

Halloween candy out already?! I am excited to hear it! I am counting down to the end of August when Target will start putting out all their Halloween decorations. I can't wait until the holiday season. Especially that cooler weather!!

My flowers all died. This high heat and lack of rain...Even daily waterings couldn't save them from the heat. It's been a terrible Summer for rain. We will go weeks on end without and then it will rain everyday for a solid week. It's just been relentless.

Frizzy said...

My keyboard went on the fritz Monday so I couldn't leave a note til today.

Loved your update here and hope all is well in your neck of the woods. Last month I was in MT and ND. I wish we would have had time to get a little closer to you still. We went to Medora to see the summer theatre there. Are you familiar with it?