Sunday, June 8, 2014

week 24

Baby’s size
Your baby is as long as an ear of corn. Her nostrils are opening now for "practice breathing"; she'll go through the same motions of real breathing but inhale amniotic fluid instead of air.
Baby's Length: 11.81 in.
Baby's Weight: 1.32 lb.
**parents.com

How I am feeling
I had another good week.  Sleeping has been a lot better since getting a massage on Wednesday.  I toss and turn less and am overall just more comfortable.

What do I miss
Being able to just do things that I want to get done by myself.  My husband isn't moving very quickly on doing the finishing details in the nursery so I can start decorating/getting furniture.  This has caused many (frustrated/hormonal) tears on my end but I know that I can't (safely) get the rest of the room prepped on my own.  Trust me, I've thought about just doing it while he's at work since that's what my stubborn self would normally do but I won't.

Gender
Boy

Food cravings/aversions
I woke up craving McDonald's chicken nuggets Friday morning.  Since the craving was still hanging around at lunch time, I picked some up.  They were good while I was eating them but my stomach wasn't so impressed by them after lunch.


Highlights this week 
*I finally found a dresser to refinish for the nursery.  I'll be working on it this week even though it's sitting in our living room for now.
* Getting the massage.
*I had my 24 week check-up on Friday.  Everything looked good and my thyroid level is finally under the acceptable level.  As long as it's still at a good level next month, we won't have to test anymore until after baby arrives.
*The rug I ordered for the nursery arrived this week.  I plan to use touches of houndstooth print throughout the nursery so I was excited to find this rug for a great price awhile back.


No comments: