Sunday, March 23, 2014

week 13

Baby’s size
Your beautiful baby is the size of a Meyer lemon this week—and his vocal cords are beginning to develop.
Baby's Length: 2.91 in.
Baby's Weight: 0.81 oz.
**from parents.com
How I am feeling
Well, if I would have written this post yesterday I would have said this week was pretty awesome.  I had very little nausea this week and my energy level is improving.  Today has been a little rough though.  I've been extremely nauseated and just about lost my breakfast this morning but I was able to keep it down, thankfully.

What do I miss
Sleeping through the night.  I get up to use the bathroom every night at least once.  I almost always wake up at 1:30 am to head to the bathroom.  For some reason after this bathroom trip, I'm awake for at least an hour before I drift off again. So annoying!

Gender prediction
Dave - boy  Me - not sure.  Only another 6 weeks or so until we find out though!

Food cravings
None this week.

Food aversions
Pretty much anything I used in the beginning weeks to help out with the nausea - ginger ale, lemon drops, SweetTarts, saltines


Highlights this week 
-Entering the second trimester

Not so great moments this week
-Finding out I was misinformed about how much leave I can take for maternity leave.  I can only take 6 weeks, and I was planning to take 8.  Not sure how we're going to work that out since our daycare doesn't take infants until 8 weeks of age.
-Had my thyroid level re-checked and found out it had not dropped at all.  The doctor upped my dosage so hopefully that will get things moving in the right direction.

1 comment:

Nicolle said...

I'm sorry about the daycare, and your thyroid issue. It will all work out, but I know it's stressful when you're dealing with it all. Hopefully every single bit of nausea will be gone soon! I wonder if you can handle peppermints now? It's so strange how our bodies are repulsed by certain foods and smells while pregnant! hugs sweet friend. xo