Tuesday, September 11, 2012

weekend recap

Dave and I left Friday morning for our weekend of Minnesota fun.  We had supper at Joe's Crab Shack that evening.  We shared a steampot and it was so good!  Looking awesome in our bibs:

We did a little shopping after supper at a nearby mall.  I went into HomeGoods....umm...Heaven!! I've never been in one since we don't have any in SD and now I really feel like we're missing out!  I love that store!  I didn't buy anything but saw lots of things I would have liked to have.

Saturday morning we went to the Mall of America.  We went into a few stores but mostly just walked around and people watched.  We had lunch at Dick's Last Resort in the mall.  Let me just say that I effing hate that place. Seriously.  I love sarcasm but being treated like an ass I do not.  So...moving on.

We headed to the Twins game later that afternoon.  It was the second Twins game I've been to but the first one at Target Field.  It is such a nice stadium!  We attended the game with Tony, Jackie, Sarah, and Conor.

It was a good time, and the Twins beat the Indians 3-0.  We even got to see a fan propose to his girlfriend on the big screen. :o)

Sunday morning, Tony, Conor, Dave, and I headed to Mall of America Field for the Vikings game.  As you can see, Conor is a Jacksonville Jaguars fan...see how ashamed he is to be wearing that jersey? ;o).


So, we rode the train down to the stadium.  It was packed and getting off at the platform was a little overwhelming just because there was such a rush of people.  At one point we were walking in the crowd of people and I grabbed Dave's arm so I wouldn't lose him.  I quickly realized it wasn't Dave I was hanging onto but some random guy.  I said, "Oops, that's not my husband!"  Him and his friend laughed and I felt like a dumb*ss.  Oh well.

This was my first time at a NFL game and I loved every minute of it! 


A few things I learned while at the game:

**watching this guy in person is even more awesome than on TV


**the people watching is fantastic at a NFL game.  This guy was his own brand of special:
You can see part of his sweet suit that was made of some sort of a ribbed purple velour and cheetah print fabric.  But, that puppet on his hand really made the outfit.  He even made the arms punch in time with the fight song.  Just looking at that picture now makes me laugh.

**drunk guy dancing trumps cheerleader dancing every time

I seriously had the best time and can't wait until we can go back again.  Oh, and the Vikings beat the Jaguars in OT, 26-23. :o)

1 comment:

Nicolle said...

LOVE these pictures. You look SO good. I can tell that you have lost weight, and you look great! Love those first 2 pics of you and Dave! OMG, I died laughing about Dick's...yeah, not my kind of place either. There is one on the San Antonio Riverwalk, went once, hated it. That guy with the cheetah on his shirtsleeve....how weird, and funny. I bet I would have watched him all night. I am such a people watcher, and I think you and I are just alike in that regard.

I'm so glad you had a good weekend! Great pictures!