Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The past few days (or week, whatever)...

Today is my last day of Christmas vacation. Looking back I didn’t do a whole lot over break and I'm ok with that because it has been one of my most relaxing and favorite breaks.


-David and I spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day here. Earlier in the week the weathermen had forecasted a decent snowstorm coming our way so we changed our plans to head to my parent’s house from Christmas Eve/Day to New Year’s Eve/Day. The storm totally fizzled out and left us with only an inch or two of snow though.


-We had Christmas with David’s side of the family on the 26th.


-We met my parents for brunch at The Cracker Barrel in Sioux Falls to exchange gifts on the 28th. Another snowstorm was forecasted and it didn’t sound good so we thought we’d better meet up while we had a chance.


-December 30th the storm started with rain. I can’t remember a time when we had rain in the end of December. It made for a "nice" layer of ice once the snowstorm started.

-New Year’s Eve thru New Year’s Day - Dave and I hung out at home. We got about 5 inches of snow and lots of wind. Good thing we’d already cancelled our plans with my parents because no travel was advised due to the blizzard covering much of the state. Dave hooked up the surround sound he bought me for Christmas. We also ventured out to Walmart…not our smartest move since the snow was still blowing and visibility was horrible. But, we did score some Christmas ornaments for 75% off and I got Eclipse (the first movie we watched with SS hooked up).


-I finally took care of that laundry pile. We added to it for a couple more days before I just couldn’t handle it anymore.


-I relaxed…a lot.  I got to spend a lot of time with my husband, watch movies, read magazines, take naps, bake, sleep in, and stay up late and not feel guilty for doing it.

Hope you all had a relaxing holiday too.  I know I'm a little late but Happy 2011!


5 comments:

Amy said...

Happy New Year! I actually like holidays spent inside just relaxing. Glad you enjoyed :)

Nicolle said...

We got a couple of ornaments at 75% off too!!! :)

I'm glad you've had lots of nice down time, and I hope you've enjoyed every second of it.

Now they are saying snow here for us in a week. We'll see. I bet it doesn't happen though. bummer.

Have a good day!

Coffee Mom said...

We often travel after Christmas but this year was my daughter's first year of school and we stayed home - and inside our home - much of the break. I think it was one of my favorite breaks too because it was truly relaxing! I am glad you got to relax too!!

Way to go on the ornaments. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, Nichole! Sounds like y'all had a nice vacation. Just wanted to let you know that I made the Spaghetti Casserole recipe that you posted a while back. Oh my gosh...it is so good!! My husband is really picky & he loved it. Thanks for posting it!

Annabelle said...

Hey...the Anonymous above is me, Annabelle! Don't know what happened.