Thursday, January 6, 2011

Crockpot Chicken

Our supper tonight was so good and so easy.

I can't decide if that picture makes it look gross or appetizing.  Anyway, I just did a little prep work last night of washing potatoes, carrots, and the chicken.  This morning I just threw the potatoes, carrots, and some onion in the crockpot and poured a little water over top.  Then I put the chicken on top of that, put the lid on, and turned it on low.  Super fast and easy.  When I came home from work I just turned the temp down to keep warm so the chicken wouldn't dry out before supper time.

This was only the second time I've thrown a whole chicken in the crockpot.  I'm not sure why I don't do it more often.

Do you have any good crockpot recipes?  I'd like to start making more meals in ours since it's so darn easy.


6 comments:

Nicolle said...

That looks and sounds really good. I love chicken like that! I will go through and see if I have any good crockpot recipes. Nothing comes to mind...I don't use mine very often.

LP aka A Crafty Southern Chick said...

Oooh! I have 2 for you. I'll send them to the email you have listed, little long to post in a comment :)

Amy said...

I love my crockpot! In fact, it looks just like yours. I cook chicken in it as you did, and also round steak, chili, gumbo, roast...just throw ingredients for your fave food in and set it to cook. I love simplicity!

Coffee Mom said...

http://coffeechaosandcontentment.blogspot.com/2010/09/easiest-recipe-ever.html

I posted this on my blog awhile back - someone shared it with me before I got married. It's been a staple in our family and I got lots of feedback from friends after I posted it who tried and and loved it, both the flavor and the simplicity!! If you love crockery cooking you may want to give it a try. :)

Carrie said...

Looks YUMMY, Nichole!! I LOVE my crockpot. It's perfect since I work outside of the home, full-time. Throw it all in before work and PRESTO...a yummy homecooked meal when you walk in the door. I will have to go thru some of my recipes and send you some.

BIG Hugs!! Carrie ♥

Tonya said...

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/