Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Recipe: Spaghetti Casserole

So one of the things that I've enjoyed about having my husband home every night is being able to cook a meal each night.  I enjoy meal planning (most of the time) and I like to cook (most of the time).   When I was here by myself I'd eat cereal, popcorn, or whatever else I could find to feed myself.  It got old but I wasn't going to make a whole meal for myself.

One thing that makes meal planning easier is my recipe binder.  I don't always need a recipe but it does give me ideas.  A couple years ago I decided to gather all my recipes and put them in a binder.  It has been so much nicer to just go to my binder for a recipe than try to dig through various magazines/cookbooks. 

I rarely post recipes on here and I'm not sure why.  Blogs have been a great source of new recipes for me.  I guess it's time I start sharing more too.

I made spaghetti casserole for supper Tuesday night.  We don't have it often but it is really good.  It's nice too beacause you can make two pans of it at once and freeze one for a future meal.  I usually just make mine in a 9x13inch pan so we leftovers for lunches.
Sorry about the crusty appearance of the paper.  It got splattered on a time or two before I made my recipe binder. 

Oh, and don't bake it for 55 minutes unless it's one you've taken it out of the freezer.  It only takes about 15 minutes or so if you make it and bake it the same night.


5 comments:

Annabelle said...

Hey, Nichole! Oh my gosh, that sounds good...my mouth is watering. Spots on a recipe must mean you've made it a few times & it's good! :)

Joanna said...

Thanks for this! We are sick of spaghetti...the normal, noodles and sauce...but I want to keep it in my meal planning. Now I think I can! I'm gonna fix this, for sure!

Georgia Girl said...

I love getting great recipes that others share...My little one is asking for sketti so I think I will make this tonight since I have the stuff.

Thanks and bring on more recipes!

It's Always Something Around Here said...

You should definitely post more recipes. I have a binder that looks very similar LOL. Only not quite so nicely organized and no plastic sleeves.....just splattered on recipes LOL.

Frizzy said...

MMMMM! Does it taste as yummy as it looks?