1. My brother has been working on restoring an ’83 Monte Carlo. He planned to take it to a track this weekend to drag race. He took the car out Wednesday night to check/test a few things. Something went wrong and the drive shaft came up through the floor board. Luckily he was able to keep control of the car and wasn’t hit by the drive shaft. I am very, very, very thankful for that.
This pic was taken this spring...it has a hood and bumper on now :o)
2. There are 9 days til we go in for inservice. 11 til school starts. I'm pretty excited to go back but am really going to miss sleeping in. I'm going to put myself on a schedule this coming week.....well, I plan to anyway.
3. I have a really good family.
4. Now that August is here it feels like summer flew by. July seemed like it would never end though. Try to figure that one out.
5. My mom and I are going to Sioux Falls next Thursday for a girl’s day. I’ve been looking forward to it for over a month.
6. There are 47 days until fall officially begins and 141 until Christmas. Why is it that 141 days til Christmas doesn’t seem very long but 47 until fall does?
7. The last four leaves fell off our plant this week. Now we just have sticks sticking out of dirt.
8. I’m going to make an honest effort to look decent when I go to work this year. That means put make-up on every day (not just eyeliner) and wear some sort of jewelry each day so I look a little more put together. I’m thinking Charlotte Russe for jewelry. I’m a fan of cheap jewelry for everyday wear. I’m hoping to find these when my mom and I go to the mall Thursday...