Sunday, December 14, 2008

Baby It's Cold Outside


Ok, it's not cold..... it's freakin' freezing. We are currently under a blizzard warning and wind chill warning. The temp is -6 degrees and the wind chill is -47. Yeah you read that right, it feels like it is 47 degrees below zero. I went outside to try to move our car that is stuck in the snow once the parking lot was cleared only to find that the battery is about dead. It was plugged in, but into the wrong outlet. So I got it plugged into ours and came inside and waited for my face to thaw. I am SO over winter.

I made some cut-out cookies yesterday. I used my Grandma H's recipe, it's my favorite cut-out cookie recipe. We had planned to take some to my brother-in-law's house today but couldn't make it over there since there our car got stuck early this morning.

It has been a pretty quite weekend overall. I have four and a half days of school this week then Christmas break begins! Sixteen glorious days to do with as I please. Can't wait! Hope ya all have a great week!

14 comments:

Nicolle said...

I saw on the news how bad the weather was up there. Burr! I hate to tell you it was in the 70's here today!

I love your cookies. They are so cute. I just can't make those, I have tried. Mine look really, really bad. :)

Anonymous said...

Hope you are braving the cold. I know I am trying. I do agree I am so over winter.

Jodi said...

We aren't having the blizzard conditions here that you are, but we did get snow today and it is VERY COLD. It is -2° right now, but I don't think we have the windchill like you do. Hope your last days of school this week go well! :)

Ronnica said...

No way. I would never go there. Crazy!

Ronnica said...

Okay, I answered the questions for you!

Georgia Girl said...

Gosh you are in a snow storm! I never see snow but am living through your eyes....don't want that much..just enough for a snowman...

Oh those cookies look yummy! Send some my way!

Tara Bennett said...

It's frickin freezing here too. I personally love it! Getting bundled up or just staying inside because it's too cold - it's all part of the holiday season!

Nana said...

Wow BABY IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!!!!!!
I could send you a box.

Unknown said...

Your cookies are so cute

Frizzy said...

I love those trees! Are you willing to share the recipe? If not I'll take a few of your cookies instead. ;) I wish you could have been with us to bake. It would have been a blast to hang with you in person. We made chocolate covered pretzels, peanut brittle, sugar cookies and chocolate drops. YUMMY!

Lisa said...

I have 2 awards for you at my place.

Darlene said...

OH.MY.GOSH...I can't even imagine temps that cold!!! With our wind chill it is 17 here today and I'm about to freeze! BRRRRRRR!

Your cookies look wonderful!!

Tabitha Blue said...

OH. MY. GOODNESS. That is insane. Now I feel bad for complaining about our 10 degrees! Hope you thaw out ok... I think those cute cookies would definitely help!!!!

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com

Gini said...

I can't even imagine. It was 80 here today. I would like for it to be colder though for the holidays but no less than 60 degrees!