Wednesday, June 20, 2012

cute yet gross

A few pictures from Monday....

Over the past couple weeks, we've notice a thirteen-lined ground squirrel {had to look that up because I've always called them flickertails but apparently that's not what they are} that had made a burrow near our patio.  Well, on Monday this is what popped out of that hole...

The mama came back and took them on a little outing.
They are pretty skiddish though, so whenever the main door would open they'd all run back home.

They are kind of cute...

...but kind of gross too.

2 comments:

Nicolle said...

Agh!!! They are so cute and I love that 2nd to last picture. How fun that you get to watch them. I agree though, those nails are creepy!! ;) I think these pictures are so neat!

Tammy Kula said...

Man, you're a great photographer! I think they're more cute than gross. :)