Thursday, May 19, 2011

Saying Goodbye

Today was the last day for two of the students I've taught for the past two years.  They'll be moving on to middle school next year.  Ugh, I'm  so sad that I won't get to work with them anymore.  I'm going to miss all the hugs, high fives, smiles, and cheers.  I'll even miss all the sayings like"tartar sauce", "heavens no" and "oh yeah baby". 

I'm so glad I got to be a part of their lives for the last two years, and so thankful they were a part of mine.


4 comments:

Nicolle said...

My heart stopped at your title, because I thought you were saying goodbye to your blog. I always fear the day when blogs don't exist. I hope we always stay in touch. Well, I know we will!

I'm sorry it's a sad day for you. I am sure your students were so happy to have you and they have gained so much from you!

Joanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joanna said...

This was my first year working with kids, in a Preschool class none the less. I was heart broken at their graduation yesterday. They are all so precious and it means so much to me that I made an impact on their learning this year. I remember them learning to write their name and I almost cried back around Christmas. It's been a great first year and I am looking forward to many more!

Frizzy said...

I thought the same thing Nicolle did. I was panicked!

I'm not thrilled about Yaya saying good-bye to preschool either. She's learned so much this year including lessons from the Bible. I'm going to miss her having that faithbased part of the curric.

What are you going to do this summer? Why is it I feel like I already posted here but my comment is gone? Strange!