Monday, May 2, 2011

Heaven is For Real

I read this book yesterday: 

From Barnes&Noble:
A young boy emerges from life-saving surgery with remarkable stories of his visit to heaven.


Heaven Is for Real is the true story of the four-year old son of a small town Nebraska pastor who during emergency surgery slips from consciousness and enters heaven. He survives and begins talking about being able to look down and see the doctor operating and his dad praying in the waiting room. The family didn't know what to believe but soon the evidence was clear.


Told by the father, but often in Colton's own words, the disarmingly simple message is heaven is a real place.....




I was sort of disappointed by some of the reviews I read on B&N (I read them after I read the book).  A lot of people had a lot of negative things to say.  I personally thought it was a great book and it gave me a lot to think about.  And, since my own personal views on religion are all that matter to me, I quit reading the reviews.

I highly recommend reading it if you haven't already.  I wouldn't look at any reviews before you read it either so you have an open mind as you read.

If you've already read it, I'm interested to hear what you thought.

7 comments:

Amy said...

My daughter (who is in 5th grade private Catholic school) talked about this book recently. She seemed to be really impressed with it and the discussions they had in class. I need to try and read it too...sounds very interesting.

Nicolle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicolle said...

That's so ironic, I just saw that book on another blog this morning too. Can't remember where now though. I think I would like it too! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I sometimes look at reviews, but I have to remember that they can be biased or whatever, and I've also found that they don't always coincide with how I feel about a book. How much longer until school is out for you??? Hope you have a good week!

Lollipops & Pig Tails said...

I bought that book on my first Costo trip! I left it on the end table in the living room and isn't even start it.

Frizzy said...

Ah man! The title to your post got me all excited for good news.

I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for this book.

Miller Racing Family said...

I read this books as well and thought it was fabulous. As it says in the Bible we should have a child like faith and I think this book brings home the point well. I loved how the parents didn't try to change the little boys memories in anyway. I agree this needs to be on everyone's must read list.
Blessings!

Jackie said...

Good Morning,
I just read this book last week and thought it was wonderful. I hadn't read any of the reviews but so many people had told me to read it I knew I had to go pick it up. It has made me think about things too.

Have a great last few days of school.
Jackie