Friday, August 7, 2009

Makin' Paula Deen Proud

A couple days ago our niece Sarah was looking for a dessert recipe to try. I offered to let her look through my recipe binder to see if anything caught her eye. She picked out a Paula Deen recipe that I had found on Bakerella called Deep Dark Chocolate Truffle Cake. It wasn't a recipe I had tried so it sounded like a good choice to me too.

Here's Sarah at work making the cake:

All mixed up and ready to go in the oven:

Straight out of the oven:

After it fell (it's suppose to) in all it's rich fudgy goodness:

It was really good! It's super rich but very good. Our first baking session was a success!! :o)
Our next venture will be the Bakerella pie pops.

5 comments:

Kate said...

That looks so yummy! I don't know if any of that batter would make it into the oven...I would probably eat it all!

Nicolle said...

Way to go Sarah! Looks like she did an awesome job. That looks scrumptious!

Nicolle said...

Hi! I just used the zuchinni in place of pasta for lasagna. It's SO good.

I love zuchinni bread too. I might make some. I don't have a recipe though. Do you have a good one you could email me??

Frizzy said...

That looks so good! I hope you saved me a piece.

The Incredible Shrinking Woman said...

How in the world could you be down pounds when you make tempting stuff like this truffle cake? Oh my WORD that looks delish! I may not be able to read your blog often...even with a cold, I think I can faintly smell chocolate now!!!
Thanks for stopping by the blog, and GOOD JOB!!! You keep on it and NEVER EVER EVER give up!
{{{Hugs}}}
Charlie