Friday, May 15, 2009

A Post

I've kind of been avoiding my blog lately. Partly because I don't have much to say and partly because I just don't feel like saying anything. I haven't really been looking at other blogs lately either. Not sure why I am in such a funk. Hoping to be over it soon.

Okay with that said, I've really sucked at doing projects lately too. This is the only thing I've done for quite some time and it's really not even blog worthy but thought I'd share anyway. I picked up this little welcome sign thingy at the Dollar Tree last weekend. Didn't really care for the colors but figured I could paint it. So I did. I glittered it too and changed out the chains for some ribbon.
Not a huge improvement but it's a little cuter.

I went to the W Mart tonight to buy a few flowers. I've been really excited to get some flowers out in my planters. I thought we should be out of the overnight frost danger so I went ahead and bought a few tonight.I came home and checked the weather forecast and saw that frost is possible the next 3 nights. #*$@ !! Maybe I should have checked it before I went to buy flowers.

I'm off to rummage sales at 7 tomorrow morning, ok maybe 8. But I'll be out there. Keeping my fingers crossed that I find some good deals and hopefully a project or two!

Hope you all have a great weekend!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a terrific craft project.
Don't feel bad about not blogging. Everyone deserves a break.
In celebration,of 4 years of BerryMorins Bits & Tips blog, I decided to have a drawing! I'll be giving away a $25 gift certificate from vinylvineyard at Etsy.com.
Just leave a comment during the month of May, on June 1, 2009 I'll pull a name!

Nicolle said...

Hi Nichole! You're gonna think this is totally weird, but I was just thinking of you about 30 minutes ago and said I was going to log on here and tell you I had missed seeing you on here! I was so glad when I saw you had a new post.

I understand. I get in funks too. I have deleted my entire blog twice in the past because I thought it was just all so stupid.

I love what you did to the welcome sign. I have also seen those at DT, but never ever thought to redo it! Your flowers should be ok if there is a frost. Petunias can take some cold weather. I wish I could go to the rummage sales with you. We have not had much luck down here.

Take care and have a good weekend!

Frizzy said...

I miss you and hope you'll be back in the swing of things soon. I know your mom and grandma were going through a lot not long ago and I hope they're doing better. I'm here for you and look forward to seeing your creativity renewed!

It's Always Something Around Here said...

I love what you did with that welcome sign.

I understand the funk....have the quite often unfortunately. Hope it passes quickly for you.

Hugs!!!!