Here are the rule for this award:
1.Put the logo on your blog or post
2. Nominate at least 10 blogs that show an attitude of gratitude
3. Link to your nominees within your post
4. Comment on their blogs to let them know they've received this award
5. Share the love and link to this post and the person who nominated you for the award
6. Tell us how you've come to have an attitude of gratitude
The blogs I am nominating are: Boyd's Crazy Mama, Heaven's Gift, It's Always Something Around Here, Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow, My First Year as a Wallace, The Happy Homebody, Unmatched Socks.
Ok, and the hard part. How have I come to have an attitude of gratitude? I struggle with this often, sometimes daily. Sometimes I sink into thoughts of "why not me" or "why me". I see people who have houses and here we are renting a small apartment. I get discouraged because we are a looong way from being homeowners. Sometimes I (we) have setbacks and I wonder "why me (us)"? Sometimes I just wish we had more money to pay off our debts (who doesn't??).
Sometimes it takes longer than others but I come to realize that I am grateful for what I do have. I am thankful that we have a place to call home. I am thankful that we have family to share and make memories with. I am thankful for our health. We are blessed in many ways. And I remind myself - If I can't be happy with what I have now, will I really be happy if I have more?
Thank you so much Nicol for passing this award on to me!