Thursday, July 17, 2008

My Hometown

I spent the past few days at my mom's house in Woonsocket helping her paint her dining room. As I was painting the ceiling of her breakfast nook (I don't know why the ceiling is painted), I was beginning to wonder why I volunteered myself to paint. But, we finished it faster than we thought we would so we spent the next day shopping for some new accessories for the room. I'll post some before and after pictures once the room is completely finished. Now that the painting is done, she's decided (with my prompting) to redecorate the kitchen as well so that will be our next room to tackle.



When I was younger I couldn't wait to leave Woonsocket, now I think it wouldn't be so bad to move back once David and I are ready to start a family. I'm 99.8% sure we won't but the thought is nice. I'm not sure how I would deal with not being able to run down to Walmart when I needed something, or not being able to order a pizza on a night when I don't feel like cooking. I guess I was able to deal with that for the first 18 years of my life, but I think I'm a little spoiled now. It might actually be a good way to save some money!

Although it lacks a lot of "luxuries", it does have it's charms. There's a cute little lake located in town that features a built-in swimming pool. It also has a small island and two swans that make their home there. Notice the male swan staring the camera down, he wasn't too happy to have me there. He began to hiss and I decided it was time to leave.















Do you live in your hometown?
Do you ever wish you could move back to your hometown?

2 comments:

Tonya said...

Hi Nichole nice blog! I enjoyed reading it. :)

As you already know, I live very near my hometown and it has its pros and cons. And like you, I always thought I couldn't wait to leave Woonsocket. However, with the kids I'm really glad to be close to "home", even considering I rarely go to Woonsocket except to visit my mom. It's nice to be close to family and old friends that you are super familiar and comfortable with.

I do wish I had gone away and lived somewhere else for a while - before settling down and having kids. Sure I lived in Sioux Falls, Brookings, etc. but it would've been fun to live somewhere *further* away!

Anonymous said...

Estelline is a lot like Woony and I think thats why we moved here (well and the fact that Jesse's family is here.) I just feel "safe" in the small town atmosphere when trying to raise a family.