Monday, October 4, 2010

Halloween Tree

I decided my Halloween decorations needed a boost this year but I wanted to be able to make decorations instead of buying new.  So I was looking around the internet the other day for some craft ideas.  I ran across this picture during my search and fell in love
I thought I could make a version of this easily enough so I went to Walmart (the only store in town that carries beads) the next day for supplies.  I was really disappointed by their bead selection.  They had some that would work, but at $4.25 per strand they just wouldn't work with my budget.  So, I went to Dollar Tree to see if they had anything I could use.  I was getting frustrated because I couldn't find anything but just as I was about to leave I saw these

I figured I could make them work so I bought 4 packages and headed home.  I decided to glitter the balls by using Mod Podge and some glitter I already had. 

I wasn't going to pay for branches so I sent my husband on a hunt for a branch or two.  He brought a couple home which I spray painted black.  Once dry, I put them in a glass vase with some black river rocks I already had here.  The end result:


Sorry about the lighting....my camera batteries died shortly after I took these so I didn't have a chance to get better pics.
.
I think it turned out pretty well.  It's not exactly like the inspiration picture but for $4 worth of supplies I can't really complain!
.



and The Shabby Nest's Frugal Friday

15 comments:

Annabelle said...

That's really cute, Nichole!

Nicolle said...

Nichole, I love that so much. That is so cute! I am going to show this to my mom...she will flip. You did a great job. It's so cute and so unique!

Rambling Girl said...

Oh how cute, Nicolle! I have not even pulled my stuff out yet..I gotta get in the mood.

Anonymous said...

I like your project better than the inspiration project! WAY CUTER! Great job.
Frizzy

Anonymous said...

The decorations are even more breathtaking in real life.


---The Branch Hunter

Kerri said...

This is soooo CUTE ( I mean creepy!)...I love it! GREAT job!
I definately like yours better than your inspiration picture!

Cindy said...

That is so adorable!!!
Awesome job!
Enjoy the day

Dina @ 4 Lettre Words said...

LOVE this idea!! And, I actually like yours even more. Great job!

Dawn said...

I'm a friend of Nicolle's.

Love your tree! You did a great job with it, especially on a budget. Impressive!

Dawn said...

I'm a friend of Nicolle's.

Love your tree! You did a great job with it, especially on a budget. Impressive!

Michelle Vandepol said...

super cute!

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

Great job! I love it.

Ginger Gruetzner said...

I like your version better! Much simpler and more wow! Thanks for sharing!

Ginger

CINNIBONBON said...

Fabulous idea!! I haven't put up a Halloween tree in years. You've given me the push!

Anonymous said...

These days. the gamers had entered Kyle from the south end into a [url=http://www.bocachicaplaya.com/fakeoakleysunglasses.htm]fake Oakley sunglasses[/url]
drum cadence through the Aggie Band. A cannon would blast and they would run on top of the field. Now, they exit the intense Football Complex, stroll throughout the concourse beneath first deck in the middle of fans. bob their helmets for the drum cadence, and finally blast into the field with the smoke in order to the power of [url=http://www.bocachicaplaya.com/fakeoakleysunglasses.htm]cheap fake Oakley sunglasses[/url]
"Power."
I totally trust Intikhab. The [url=http://www.bocachicaplaya.com/fakeoakleysunglasses.htm]cheap Oakley sunglasses[/url]
PCB really should be really strict on dicipline and really should ban the squad but not for 1 year that ought to be for the complete life within domestic cricket and international level. When a [url=http://www.bocachicaplaya.com/fakeoakleysunglasses.htm]cheap Oakley sunglasses[/url]
player is accepting they've already an oath on Yousf's Hotel that they'll not play well to the country if someone on the list of seven players is drop with the match, I just now don't realize exactly where is dicipline