Wednesday, April 14, 2010

$2 Change Up

Well I really don't have anything too exciting to show ya but I'm trying to get myself back into blogging more frequently....... 

We've had this medicine cabinet hanging in our bathroom since we moved in almost 4 years ago.  It was a cheap piece from W-Mart and it was really starting to show it's age.

Oh, it did have knobs on it but I didn't remember to take a pic til they were off. 

I'd thought about painting it but since it was still winter (I did this back in early March), I knew it would be awhile before I'd be able to paint it.  I was sick of looking at it so it needed to go....now.

I took it off the wall only to find these awesome purple marks on the wall.  Grr...

I scrubbed and scrubbed with a bleach solution....still there.  So I ran to the store and picked up a box of the magic erasers.  Love those things.....took the marks right off.

I had two short shelves on hand that I was planning to put up in the cabinet's place.  I wasn't sure they'd fill the space enough so I took a trip to Goodwill to see what I could find.  And there it was .....a long shelf that matched the pair I already had, for only $2!  Obviously it was meant to be!  I came home and hung everything up....

Sooo much better!  The room seems lighter after taking down that heavy cabinet and hanging the shelves.  I just used the decor that was on the cabinet to decorate the shelves for now.  One of these days I'll get around to decorating them for real....and maybe painting them too.

2 comments:

Frizzy said...

I love it! How do you always find such great bargains? I try but never have the luck you do.

Nicolle said...

Oh wow. That looks great!! What a huge change. I love it.

I love magic erasers too. They are awesome!